I'm not overly inspired today so you get a Top Five instead of a Top Ten. Cry somewhere else.
Five things you DON'T need:
5. Dishwasher. Don't stop reading! I don't have one and I want one. They make life soo much easier. But I've watched a sister pout because the dishwasher was running and set a single dish (that wasn't all that dirty) in the sink and walk away. Soap, a sponge or washcloth, and hot water will in fact wash your dishes. There is never a need to leave dishes in the sink when you have company just because the dishwasher is full. Just Sayin'.
4. Bread Maker. People have simply used loaf pans and ovens for years. Much less storage space, same results.
3. Electric Mixing Bowls. Great for Martha and Rachel, but the average kitchen doesn't really need them. Beaters, Whisks and Spoons will get the job done.
2. A Fry Daddy. I was making french fries last summer to go with our burgers and one of my grown sisters asked how I made fries without a fry daddy! A large boiler pot and oil! I really don't understand! Same process, easier cleaning, and you don't need to take up counter space like that!
1. An Iced Tea Maker. I've tried to tell my 14 year old sister before that the best way to brew tea is in a boiler on the stove. Not to mention you already have a pot and a stove. Why do you need another gadget taking up cabinet space?! Besides, you can always use the coffee pot if you don't want to fool with a stove. (You DO need a coffeepot.)